Thursday, April 7, 2011

Depending on God

When I turn the key in my car to start it each morning I forget to depend on God. I depend on Toyota and Interstate Battery or whoever manufactured my car. I don't have to depend on God for food. There's WalMart, WinnDixie and maybe even McDonalds or Wendys some days.
I believe that is one of the faults of modern society. We don't need God, or we THINK we don't need God.
Thankfulness can be a beginning to recognizing our ongoing need for God in our lives. Today I am thankful for many things but will focus on the small things like the fact that my car started this morning, the fact that we had electricity this morning when I woke up, the mere fact that I woke up in a safe place and not some war ravaged nation or to the sounds of missiles or bombs.
I have much to give thanks fir.

- Amanda & Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment